The New Mobile Web: ServiceWorker, Push, and App Manifests
Presented by @callahad at JSConf Iceland, August 25th, 2016.
View the slides (GitHub Pages)
View the code (GitHub)
Experiments and Examples
- Pokedex.org, Nolan Lawson's offline, PWA-style Pokedex
- Ambient badging and “pop into browser”, Opera's experiments with the transitions between web-like and app-like experiences.
- sw-delta, Gaël Métais's experiment using service workers to patch cached files instead of retransmitting the whole thing.
- URLs into IndexedDB, Joshua Bell's experiment using service workers to fetch data from IndexedDB based on URLs.
- PWA.Rocks, an index of websites using Service Workers and App Manifests.